Are these Mystery Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarkAngel0107

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I bought some live plants from PetSmart. They said that they had Mystery Snails in with the plants. I now have about 12 small snails in my tank with my three large apple snails. Obviously I got them from the plants. They are laying eggs below the water line. PetSmart claimed that these are Mystery Snails, and Mystery Snails are supposed to lay eggs above the water line. Has anybody had their Mystery Snails lay eggs below the water too, or are these another type of Snail?

Sure, no problem. I just took these pictures of them. The snails are about 1 cm big.
Thanks.

Attachments

• June 7 017.jpg
    June 7 017.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 68
  • June 7 012.jpg
    June 7 012.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 56
Sorry about the exposure these are the best two pics that my daughter took, and the snails are still small, but they are producing eggs, so I really don"t think they are Mystery snails either.
Thanks for your help It's greatly appreciated. In a month or two when they are bigger I'll post some more pics to help with the ID. Since these are probably not mystery snails could they be pond snails?

Back
Top Bottom