Are these tetra eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamBamFishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
They are not snail eggs, i know that because i have had numerous batches of snail eggs. They are clear with a goldish yellow tint. I have 4 neon tetras, and the eggs are on the bottom of a leaf. What are they? There are probaly 1-200 dots there. It cant be my khuli loach cuz ive had him for 4 monthes.

Attachments

• image-1472487684.jpg
    image-1472487684.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-49759296.jpg
    image-49759296.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 81
I'm no expert with tetras, but i am pretty sure they are egg scattering species. Are there any other fish in the tank? Any new plants in the tank? It could be a hitchhiker the got a ride on a plant. It could be that when you bought that plant (if it is new) it already had the eggs on it. Again, i am no tetra expert.

If they are viable neon eggs, they should hatch around 30 hours after being laid.

So if they don't hatch by then, they may not be viable, or may not be neon eggs. They don't look like other pics I've seen of neon eggs, which usually look whitish & translucent in the pics I've seen.

Might have come with the plant, in which case, impossible to say what they might be or if they'll hatch.

I'm no expert with tetras, but i am pretty sure they are egg scattering species. Are there any other fish in the tank? Any new plants in the tank? It could be a hitchhiker the got a ride on a plant. It could be that when you bought that plant (if it is new) it already had the eggs on it. Again, i am no tetra expert.

The plant is fake

Neon tetra eggs are extremely tiny and the fish scatter them on the substrate. They could be Kuhli Loach eggs. They lay their eggs in plants and the eggs sink into the plants and attach to whatever they touch. Kinda of doubt they are though because Kuhli eggs are whitish to greenish and a little longer. Not so much round. If you just got the plants, I would say some type of snail. You could let them hatch in a breeder net or put the leaf into another container and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom