Arnold the terminator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is a followup on the Dragonfish thread...
I had this arowana in a 55g and was off camping with some guys when I get a call on my cell from my Son. He was really in a panic state and said that Arnold (the termanator arowana) had jumped out of the tank. I told him to get a towel and pick the fish up. Say no more the fish went straight into the pond when I got back.
The next thing that Arnold learned was hunting. I had noticed lots of feathers on the surface of my pond and could not figure it out. Well one morning I was sitting in the dining room having my cup of coffee and there was a hugh splash in the pond. Arnold had learned how to attack and catch Doves that came to the pond for a drink of water. Nature in the wild.
Well those are the two stories about "Arnold"..

Last edited:
Here's that picture of him:
img_1124308_0_dcb9edb2c9eea90658c68f49cd84135f.jpg

how much did it cost for all those cichlids? lol. I wouldn't mind having a pond like that one day :bulb:. That's an awesome pond btw.

That's awesome. Arrowanas are my favorite fresh water fish.. then the BGK. Anyways, what's with the first post? lolol.. You said the same thing like 5 times. ;D

Where do you live (state, don't worry I'm not coming over)? Do you heat the pond? I have multiple ponds/tanks. I have a 2000g pond in yard and 2 2 acre pond/tanks at my farm. I have only been able to keep koi because of sweeping water temp changes. Of coure at my farm, I have blue cats that are 3 feet long and weigh 60#s. I cant fish them because thats not fair. My kids pet them. I should post pics because the cats are hugh. They eat baby dusks so often that their are no new ducks in years.

how much did it cost for all those cichlids? lol. I wouldn't mind having a pond like that one day :bulb:. That's an awesome pond btw.
They multiply rapidly in a pond setting and started with just a few pairs of whatever fish I was into at the time. Some mbunas, some peacocks some Frontsas, etc.......... I fed Arnold sliversides and he would still coil up and attach the floating sliverside. The pond is 3,000 gallons.
img_1124614_0_b541f3c66f9e0bf63b644d18939391d7.jpg

That's awesome. Arrowanas are my favorite fresh water fish.. then the BGK. Anyways, what's with the first post? lolol.. You said the same thing like 5 times. ;D
Thanks for pointing that out.. I don't know what happened.

He is over 3 1/2' and If I put my thumbs and forefingers around him they won't touch. I would say he is about 9-10 lbs. and the dragon wrasse...I changed the water....at least once. :)

Wow that's huge. Is that full size?

And TC, really, you wonder why you have mutants. Probably something in the tap water. Might be affecting humans. Hint hint. :lol:

Well that's as big as my pond will allow him to grow. and Yes I only uncover my third eye at home...to much light outside.....

Back
Top Bottom