asian upside down catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeroy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi folks,

Just to give you a little background I’m kind of a novice aquarium hobbyist,im a 48 yr old guy and I have been keeping fish for the better part of 10-12 years now as well as some so called experience in my childhood.

recently i took a stop into my local fish store and i GOTTA give my girl patty a plug because she is the sweetest pet lady i know and she is a heck of a customer pleasing gal.folks stop into ruffs pet shop if your around lenoir city tennessee and check her out.small business needs our help so whether you are just passing through or if need something for your pets or you know someone who does back home,check it out ! its not far off the interstate!

ok back to my post ! lol...and i bought a fish labelled upside down carfish...i googled it and i noticed the pic was different but after a second look no other species were showing up,so i bought it...im not gonna say what i paid and this is why...i have since discovered that what i really have is called an ASIAN upside down catfish and they get quite large and are quite expensive also...

this is where my research begins to get foggy...ill post a pic asap,hes fast and nocturnal [moderated edit] so getting an image has so far proven elusive lol ! its jet black with 2-4 small white spots on the left flank...has at least 3 sets of barbels one of which are almost but not quite as long as my pictus cat’s are !
im asking for anything anyone wants to tell me about this little cat,please and thank you in advance...it might be for sale too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom