At last!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwoFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm sharing this here only because if I say this to anyone I know they won't understand what I'm so excited about: MY TANKS HAVE CYCLED! WOOOO!:dance:

Came home today and grabbed my master test kit and did the tests, already mentally preparing myself to haul the five gallon bucket across the house like I have done nearly every day for the past month and lo! in both tanks 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and ~ 10ppm Nitrate. :ROFLMAO: Ammonia and Nitrites had been steadily falling over the past few days, but it felt like maybe they would never drop to zero!

My little future shrimp tank I was cycling empty, but my 10 gallon had fish in it (killed all of the bacteria after treating for a fish sickness) and it's been really worrying! What a slog! Hopefully over the next few days these readings will stay steady and I can start thinking about ordering the CRS for my shimp tank.

Now I have to ponder: what does one do when one isn't constantly performing water changes?

Haha congrats! I'm sure your shrimp will thank you when they get into their new, cycled home :)
What do I do when I'm not doing water changes:
Watching my fish, studying their behavior, researching, and spending time on AA ;)

Back
Top Bottom