Atlantis Underwater Island?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone ever hear of these? They look awesome and i would really be interested in getting one for my crab!!! What do you guys think?

that looks cool but isnt that a little small for a crab? plus the crab would probably do all it could to escape bc it sees the bigger area outside of his "atlantis"

i would be getting it for a red clawed crab which get max 2-2 1/2 inches. i don't see how it could escape without anything high out of the water to climb out with

It's cute, but I don't know how practical it'd be. I'd just spend the money on getting the crab it's own tank and setting it up with actual dry land. If you decide to get it anyway, I'd get 2 red clawed crabs that way they can help each other turn around in there, lol.

its like a little bubble with an air line attached and the air blows the water out of the bubble pushing air into it and allowing for a dry and oxygenized bubble for the crabs to breathe underwater

I may be mistaken, but I believe the idea is that the crab can enter/exit into the main tank through an opening at the base of the habitat.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the idea is that the crab can enter/exit into the main tank through an opening at the base of the habitat.

Exactly, the crab can get fresh air without reaching the surface, ruducing the chances of escape!

you can also feed them lice crickets by using a feeder tube and watch them attack and eat the cricket in their little habitat.

i thought of that and searched it online. i find that crabs will generaly not be aggressive to fish as long as they are well fed. they generally will eat sick or dying fish if they float to the bottom.

The idea is so simple I would think there is a DIY solution that would provide even more room and options. It may or may be cheaper, but probably worth it.

Back
Top Bottom