Auction almost broke my bank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
But I am so excited. I got 2 albino bristlenose plecos, they are babies only 3/4". 13 German blue rams, one breeding trio, the others are fry. A ton of hornwort, pennywort, an amazon sword, 1 anubias sp., and 1 red flame val sword. All in all it was a fantastic auction. I also auctioned off all the baby fry, the holding mother, who believe it or not spit another 40 fry in the bag and the other female and male OB hybrids. The mother gave birth to the first fry on Jan 19 and spit the second brood out today which is the 19th of March. Weird coincidence.

Question for those with rams. Right now they are in QT as recommended, what is the recommended tank size? I will have 3 tanks available soon so can move them as needed to fit their sizes.

GBR's can be kept in a 10g { 1 pair} 20g { trio pair} 30g { up to 4 } once you get into the 50+ g tanks it's up to you. I have had 5 piars in 55g and havn't had a single fry. I now how have 3 females 2 demestic,1 wild. I'm looking for more males and females for a 65g now.

Good to know I was thinking of keeping them all in a 50 gal once they get bigger. But am leaving them in QT for 2 weeks at least. Have learned my lesson big time!

Pics of the new GBR's and the plants. The albino BN's are hiding LOL.

1001615.jpg

1001616.jpg

1001614.jpg

1001617.jpg

1001621.jpg

1001620.jpg

Do GBR's make good community fish? I was thinking of another 125 that would include the GBR's and some community fish. If not, I'll just have to get 2 75 gal for the new house. And I am NOT addicted! :lol:

Yes they make great communtiy fish. I keep Mine with blue moscow guppys , dwarf puffers, African dwarf frogs, 4 differnt pairs of Apisto's, Kribs,shrimp { most of them are disappearing imagtion that LOL}. But yea they make a great communtiy tank look even better. They will eat there frist few frys but once they get the hng of it there good little parents.

This particular seller has been breeding them for a couple of years now. The breeding trio has produced 2 sets of offspring so far. The babies are a few months old. They are tiny but showing some color already. Darn they are cute. You truly can't buy these guys in any LFS around here!

Oh and is it normal, I fed them this am and they ate like pigs! I read that they often don't eat for a few days, in a new to them, tank.

read that they often don't eat for a few days, in a new to them, tank.

This is one of the many reasons that I promote obtaining GBR's from a breeder rather than the LFS or online. The stress factor is eliminated and they begin a normal life immediately. If you don't mind, keep everyone posted with yours in the German Blue Ram discussion.

That is great news that they will work as community fish. Once I move I see another 125gal at least in my future. :lol: :roll: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom