Automatic Feeder Recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for something I can program to feed about 3-5 times total over a two week span. I'll be away over Christmas and I need something that'll feed my Green Spotted Puffers freeze dried food.

I understand fish can go 2 weeks without feeding but they're still juveniles so I don't want to risk it. I also don't want to overfeed because they are messy eaters and the waste production is even more dangerous than the lack of food, hence the 3-5 number.

So any recommendations or things to avoid would be great!

I recommend a friend or relative to pop in when required to feed the fish. Put out individual containers with a pre measured amount of food and give instructions to feed one container every visit. Hide your supply of food in case they are well meaning and decide to add just that little bit extra. The containers should have about half of the amount you would normally feed. My fish, after a vacation and thanks to my lovely neighbours, are in brilliant condition and the water specs are super. Wish I had that amount of self control to restrict their food when I'm at home.
I've heard a few horror stories of automatic feeders going wrong but someone on here might have come across a good one.
You won't need to 'program' it though, only put food in every second or third daily slot.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

I would do that but unfortunately I don't know anyone nearby that will be in town. The closest I could get to that is paying a pet-sitter to come in and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In that case I would buy a 14 day feeder but only put food in the compartments for the days you want them fed. Freeze dried food or pellets are better than flake which can get damp, cake up and not drop into the tank.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

Ok, that sounds good to me.

Can anyone report success or failure with particular products?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom