Automatic feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilpi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm not one that worries much about not feeding my fish for a few days, but I'm just curious... Has anyone used an auto fish feeder and how did it workout for you? Which brand would be the best?

I have an Enheim 3581 and it works great. 4 programmable times with up to two feedings per set time. It also has a little fan in it that keeps the food fresh for a long time.

I've used the Eheim on long trips and it works fine. I like that it has a manual advance button so you can test it out over a dish until it drops just the right amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like Eheim gets good points, does work with both flake and small pellets?

Yeah as long as the flakes aren't too big. You can adjust the mouth of the feeder opening also to make it drop more or less food per turn.

Yeah as long as the flakes aren't too big. You can adjust the mouth of the feeder opening also to make it drop more or less food per turn.

Cool, I might try one of these just for the heck of it. I was looking at YouTube some of the Petco and other cheaper brands not working very well.

To be honest one of the best parts about fish keeping is feeding so a auto feeder sort of cuts down your enjoyment

They can come in handy if you are going on holiday but as that's normally only once per year they are a bit of a waste of money as I think if I was going on holiday I would still want someone coming in to check on my tank as a auto feeder can't sort out a blocked filter stop a flood or remove a dead fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom