Automatic Feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any good experience and suggestions with automatic feeders to keep your tank fed for 3-4 days at a time? Do they all work well with flake food?

I have used them. On one week vacations, I am assured that even if the unit fails to deliver food, the fish will be OK. On two week vacations, I set it up a day in advance, monitoring its function, then hope that if it doesn't fail in the first few days, the fish will be fine. So far they have worked well. I have not had any over feeding from them, they all seem to handle flake food well.

Now I have an eel, that needs bloodworms. it gets fed every other day. For a one week vacation, I plan on feeding it every day for a few days before leaving. I haven't figured out what I will do for a two week vacation.

I have heard fantastic reviews on the Eheim Automatic feeder. It is pricey, but efficient. I didn't have good luck with the cheaper ones. They either dropped too much food or none at all.

Fishyfanatic said:
I have heard fantastic reviews on the Eheim Automatic feeder. It is pricey, but efficient. I didn't have good luck with the cheaper ones. They either dropped too much food or none at all.

I have an Eheim and I can attest to it's quality.

Back
Top Bottom