Baby Barbs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I purchased my first fish tonight, 6 tiger barbs (3 green and 3 regular). I plan on getting 4 more very soon since I have a 46 gallon. The guy at the lfs told me to start with 6 for now (i completed my fishless cycle). They are so small they get lost in the tank lol. They are a little smaller than a quarter! So far so good, seems like 5 are schooling no problem and one green barb is searching around on his own. I will post pictures tomorrow morning with the lights on.... Excited!

cant wait for the pics. im waiting for petco to have the 5 for $5. i asked them when its going to happen and they said they arent aloud to know in advance and she said that the current sale ends the 2oth and an new one will start up the day the other ends so i should check in then. i want to get about 10 if them. they are awesome fish and hopefully your lucky enough that they dont become evil. tiger barbs are fast and fin nippers so no fish with long fins in your tank.

BrackAttack said:
cant wait for the pics. im waiting for petco to have the 5 for $5. i asked them when its going to happen and they said they arent aloud to know in advance and she said that the current sale ends the 2oth and an new one will start up the day the other ends so i should check in then. i want to get about 10 if them. they are awesome fish and hopefully your lucky enough that they dont become evil. tiger barbs are fast and fin nippers so no fish with long fins in your tank.

5 for 5?? Ah man Thats awesome! I paid 4 dollars each for these little guys at my fish store.

So far so good, 5 seem to be hanging out around the tank and 1 kinda stays to itself, Idk If that's normal or not. I've heard they can be very nippy and aggressive so for now I'm gonna stick with just them and probably some Kuhli Loaches. I'll post pics soon!

Back
Top Bottom