Baby cory sucked up syphon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was doing a pwc as usual. Never saw anything untoward. Was just tipping out the bucket and I noticed my cory baby! I've rescued him and put him back into the main tank. He seems ok. Has anyone else done this? Will he be ok?

Also had a adf end up in the sink as he hitched a ride on the cleaning equipment! Swear them things camouflage well! Luckily I clean the equipment in fresh decolorinated water so sure he will be fine. This adf likes an adventure. We once found him literally hopping along the kitchen floor (about 20ft away from the tank!) this was over a year ago and he survived no problem. He must have jumped out during a pwc!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

People suck up baby shrimp in siphons all the time to move them from tanks. I'm sure he'll be fine, as long as you don't see any injury on the outside there most likely isn't one at all. Good luck!

I've sucked up both cories and neon tetras. Never seemed to hurt them too badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That Sucks! :pun:

I've done the same. It can hurt the fish. I've purchased plastic screen from the craft section of walmart (to stitch yarn??) and folded that into the vacuum.

Get a bigger suction tube (chamber?). The bigger it is, the less pull on the fish that happen to get in that chamber.

Then of course, there are those fish that are just suicidal!! :D

you should be fine, i have had fish that thought the tube a water slide :ROFLMAO: and would not stop. if he isnt dead now, he won't die.

Back
Top Bottom