Baby Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda16

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

I would love some help on this one. I 've been getting my fresh water fish tank ready with gravel and air flow. And about two days ago I brought some real plants to put in, and as I was letting all that settle in, I have just noticed that I have a baby fish. It must have been attached to the plants, I can see a small whitish clump on one of the leaves, but from what I can tell by the internets that's probably a snail sack (?) But in regards to the fish, obviously I want it to survive, but I have no idea what kind of fish it is and have no idea what to feed it, I hadn't settled on a type of fish so I haven't brought any food yet! All I can say about what it looks like is that it's about 3mm long and it's white-transparent. (And it's definitley not a mosquito!)

Thanks,
Linda

Hi and welcome to AA!

Are you sure it's a baby or a snail egg sack? If it's a snail egg sack, you should get rid of it, because they are probably pond snails. When they get older they are very ugly and reproduce by the hundreds.

I feed my baby fish freeze dried brine shrimp. It crumbles up small enough for them to eat. And I will wholeheartedly agree with the removal of the snail egg sack. I got some in with a plant I bought when I first set up and just removed 48 pond snails yesterday with far too many left to go

Thanks guys! I will try and remove the egg sack then, and yes it is definitley a baby fish. Brine shrimp, okay I'll see if I can get some.
:)

Back
Top Bottom