Baby Mollies everywhere!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have an orange and white sail fin male and a regular finned yellow female molly. I thought it would bee cool to see what there off spring would be.

My plan was to rescue a few and put them in a separate tank and let the rest of the babies take a natural course (ie get eaten) so problem is nobody is eating the little ones and I have a bout 75 mollies aging from 3 months to 3 days.

75 gallon Tank stock
1 Opaline gourami 6"
4 German Blue Rams
2 Mollies
1 large pleco 8"
2 assasin snails
about 75 baby mollies

So what do I do with all these babies? LFS doesn't want them. Thinking of getting something a little more aggressive but I don't want to mess with my Rams. What are your thoughts suggestions?

PS If anyone is curious I did find the only about 15% took on the yellow or white color the rest were black marbled with yellow or white. There are no black mollies in the tank. I just find that kind of stuff interesting I'm a dork like that.

That is crazy that no one is eating them. I checked ahead and my LFS said he would take all of mine. Do you have any other LFS to check with?

That is crazy that no one is eating them. I checked ahead and my LFS said he would take all of mine. Do you have any other LFS to check with?

no I moved to upstate NY and the fish scene here is really limited. There is a local chain that I hate dealing with, then petco and petsmart. I drive 45 min to get to a half way decent fish shop.

Do you know anyone who wants them? I have received more guppy babies from a girlfriend than I should probably have if they reproduce which I hope they do I will gladly share the wealth :) maybe others close to you will want some

Back
Top Bottom