Baby Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wanting an Oscar . I have a 20 gallon tank do you have any idea of how long it could stay in a 20 gallon ( about how big it could get ) before I would have to move it. I have a 125 but the Oscar would have to grow out some before I could add it to that tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would just go right to the 125 and feed well.. dude will be eating ducks in no time!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried that with one I bought s Oscar a couple weeks ago n my 9 month old one had lunch. But I go's a 6 month old baby convict. That swims everywhere that was a quarter size of the baby I bought 2 weeks ago that everything in tank ignores

Convicts are pretty nasty little dudes. I have one and he's mean. I'd try something like a tank divider or a holding chamber. A 20g would be very hard to maintain water quality.

Caleb

What else is in the 125? Some fish are very aggressive towards conspecifics. I would broke all your LFS for a larger Oscar if you're wanting to add another one. All my LFS always have atleast one 5" or bigger oscar any time I go

Jesse

I have 2 angelfish, 1 green terror , jack Dempsey , adult convict and a 1" baby convict, blood parrot , Pleco feather fin catfish and a Oscar about 9" ( includes his fins) 4 silver dollars . Everything been together since October. . Baby convict was hatched dec 1 -- he's the 1 I couldn't catch to give away . Everyone gets along. I have insomnia and I watch this tank for hrs at a time my Oscar and blood parrot are buddies. My jd and ft hang together

I wouldn't add anything else to that tank, 2 adult oscars require a 125 for them selves..

My sister keeps warning me not too. She said she's never seen a tank that laid back with that kind of fish in it. She's had tanks for over 30 yrs she said I would mess with the dynamic of the tank --

The bio load as well..get a pair of apistos for the 20 long;)

125 sounds over crowded IMO already.
Lots of BIG fish!(too many IMO again).
I like Brooksters idea of dwarf cichlids for the 20g.
Tons of personality in a small fish!

These!!!

Attachments

• 1432429147715.jpg
    1432429147715.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 1432429176167.jpg
    1432429176167.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 83
Those are neat. Are they african or South American

I have 2 angelfish, 1 green terror , jack Dempsey , adult convict and a 1" baby convict, blood parrot , Pleco feather fin catfish and a Oscar about 9" ( includes his fins) 4 silver dollars . Everything been together since October. . Baby convict was hatched dec 1 -- he's the 1 I couldn't catch to give away . Everyone gets along. I have insomnia and I watch this tank for hrs at a time my Oscar and blood parrot are buddies. My jd and ft hang together

Might be working right now but I expect this will go south. Too many big personalities with teeth in there.

Can Apistos get along with Convicts okay? I was actually thinking of these before I jumped on the convicts. The convicts are juvenile. Looks like conditions could be the same.

Back
Top Bottom