Back again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarajo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night i went to bed and all was well in the tank... this afternoon i went to do the water change after work and i had 5 of 7 danios VERY dead floating in the tank. so i am now down to 5 fish total.. 2 remaining danios, 2 black skirt tetras and one oto. I checked my water and every thing was fine, i have NO idea what happened to these 5 fish, my tank is right by my bed so i know last night they were all fine. any guesses what could have caused these sudden deaths? I am absolutely heartbroken, as i have had this tank up and running since right after christmas and until today had lost only one Oto and that was months ago...
any ideas would be appreciated, i am not going to restock for awhile in case it is something in the tank itself, i will wait and keep a close eye on the survivors

What exactly are your parameters? Any chance the temperature soared or dropped significantly? Is it possible something accidentally got put in the tank?

i can't think of anything that could have gotten in the tank, it is in the corner of my bedroom, so there isn't a lot of traffic or anything, it has been hot here, but it doesn't seem to have affected the tank in any real way. it is within a degree or 2 of where it usually is. my ammonia and nitrite were 0 and the nitrate was below 5ppm but not sure where, the color chart only shows 0 and then up to 5, and it was water change day so i don't think that would be a problem. i am just so upset about this, i almost wish my ammonia or nitrate had been high so i would at least have an idea as to what caused them to die.

Sorry Tara :(

I'm with rich. It's almost impossible to know what happened. The temperature could have climbed significantly and then dropped. How are the other fish looking?

So far still so good, i am keeping a close eye on them, but they seem to be behaving normally so far

Back
Top Bottom