Back home ... to a sad sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sagar77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have (or rather, had) a 29 gallon tank with: 3 angels, 3 Platy, 4 jumbo neons, 1 dwarf gourami and 1 apple snail.

I had successfully left the aquarium running with a daily automatic feeder several times. This time when I got back after 3 weeks, my aquarium was in a bad state. Although the automatic feeder was working, I lost all my Platy and 2 of my jumbo neons. The last Platy to die seemed to have a few small white dots on the tail leading me to suspect it was infected with Ich. I am not quite sure of this. I also noticed these following changes after I came back:

1. One of the remaining Neons has lost almost all it's blue color.
2. The apple snail just seems to be floating on the surface of the water. Earlier it used to stay on the bed. I thought it was dead but once in a while, it clings on to the plastic trees.
3. The smallest of the 3 angels is acting very weird, darting about the tank at the slightest movement outside the tank.

Can anyone please explain this? What do I do next?

Sagar77

I would do an immediate water change. What are your test levels? With dead fish in the tank you ammonia may be way up. I imagine your nitrates are quite high. Do any of the remaining fish show any signs of ich (flashing, white spots etc.) ?

Back
Top Bottom