Background swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I've been brought a 3d background for christmas so need to empty tank an allow silicon to set for 24 hours while empty I will be putting egg crate under the gravel as I now have a lot of rock an want to spread the weight , question will my external filter be ok left not running for that period , don't want to lose my bb as tank he's been established over a year now an is settled. Rerouting the filter hoses is something I want to avoid doing as it will be a job in it's self

You'll be fine. I left my filter off(accidently) for 3 days before with only a tiny Ammonia spike which was quickly sorted with a large water change. Just test it for a few days after you set it back up.
Just curious, I thought silicone needs 48hrs to fully cure??

Thanks so I should be ok for 24 hours or more , Ian it's a marine silicone an it says 24 hours some things I read have said 24 hours others 48 I will air on the side of caution an leave it as long as poss going by what advice I can piece together it seems longer the better

Thanks so I should be ok for 24 hours or more , Ian it's a marine silicone an it says 24 hours some things I read have said 24 hours others 48 I will air on the side of caution an leave it as long as poss going by what advice I can piece together it seems longer the better
Yeah you'll be fine for 48hrs. It's a canister so the media will stay wet. You'll have no problems, as I said maybe a tiny ammonia spike but nothing to worry about. Just monitor and do a water change if needed....

Last post was to a great racing driver an not related to this site or thread , my bad

Back
Top Bottom