Backup aerator for my 36gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so as I'm waiting for my 36 gal to cycle, I'm trying to make sure I get it set up perfect. Ad over the past two years we have been Horribly bad storms that can nock the power out for 3-5 days. Now in both my 10 gal and 36 gal I have lots of aeration 3 stones in each so three corners have bubbles. ( which my fish love playing in). I have 4 neon tetra 5 guppies ( one pregnant) and a pelco should I get a battery backup aerator I found onefor 39$. it has 2 outlets so I can hook up one hose to each tank would I need this? And also if I do get it should I put a check valve on those hoses as well because I have a check valve on both my tanks... I'm pretty sure I would be dead if 36 gals of water went through my floor and into my downstairs lol.
Thanks for the help in advance
Dan

As my power is flickering now from a snow storm (that was supposed to be rain) I think I'll do it... I think the only one tht really would need it is the catfish, but I'f I get a couple more fish at least I'll be ready if they need it.

Back
Top Bottom