Bad Day for a Water Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today I did a PWC, and let me tell you what could go wrong did go wrong lol. First off my glowlight tetras decided to mess with me. They would dart under the tube, to get suck into it. I of course hurriedly reached for the shut off on my python, but by the time I got to it, fish was already out lol. Seems like they were having fun, the whole lot of them did it over and over to me. So I decided to get smart and hold the vacuum close to the substrate! Yeah now I'm -1 ghost shrimp and a few snails doh!

So I finally finished with the water change and what I do is run scalding hot water through the hose to flush out any tank water and kill anything in it, well not such a hot idea today. Flushed it all out hit the shut off on the vacuum tube went to go turn the water off....hose blew, water went everywhere in my laundry room, and worse, I had scalding hot water shooting at me trying to shut the water off *sigh*. Talk about a bad day for a water change!:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom