Bad pleco stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis_2004

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any stories of bad plecos out there.
Here is mine, it just happened so i dont know the damage oh wait i do nothing. Well on friday of last week i got a gold nugget pleco for my 55 gallon aquarium. Every thing was going fine he stayed in the rock work and all that, untill just about 10 mins ago. he decided he wanted more space for his rocks and toppeled them over a few plants. Hehehehe i guess that the base wasnt good. But i have scence fixed it and all is going well agin.

Evil pleco trying to expand his teritory.

My rubberlip insists on decorating the tank his way .... He had decided that a small piece of driftwood is his, and insists on moving it to a certain corner of the tank. <He attaches to the bottom of the wood, upside down, and swims to his favorite corner.> It doesn't matter where I place the wood, it is back to the same spot overnight ... and he mows down the plants that get in his way. :)

Your lucky you have a gold nugget pleco, how much you pay for him? Mine at my lfs are like $50.

Well my story, I have this little 2in pleco and had him in almost all my tanks I bet, but I put him in my 55G, first couple days was fine, but then next couple days I couldn't find him. Week went by, still couldn't find him, so I tore the WHOLE TANK APART. Took everything out. Still wasn't in sight. I just put everything back and expected him dead. About 2 weeks later, I walk into my room and there he is on the side of the glass. I'm like "Where the !%$^&*@ have you been?!?!?!"

Hahaha.

I have a gold nugget as well, he is small, only about 3 inches or so long, really cute and fat; lives in my 120g. he doesn't mess with anything in my tank. It's my Rhino pleco that makes a mess of things including my plants....likes to strip my swords to the bone.

img_949432_0_90269800ffe315c983e0fb749f6c9e74.jpg

I think mine was 45 which is a great deal here in juneau
and if he ever shows his face long enough i will take a pic

I actually got mine through a LFS - had to prepay for it and then the kind folks special ordered it for me. Took a long time for them to get one. I actually forgot I ordered the little fella until they called me about 4, maybe 5 months later. I was promised that $70 would get me one about 4-5 inches long, ended up being 2-3 inches; very small for a 120g but he has fattened up nicely, looks very happy, and his colors are just great. No one seems to bother him at all. Definitely growing but still has a long way to go to get to the size of my Rhino pleco.

Well this is the guy, the gold nugget pleco

img_952400_0_0b78e9fa01715d11a5b53216944b8606.jpg
img_952400_1_71649cc4808425c79b6a1ba815a6239e.jpg

Well he hasn't been a pain since the day he toppled the rocks, So i hope all that is done and hes going to be a nice pleco.
IMG%5D
kribensis_2004
kribensis_2004

Back
Top Bottom