Bad week with my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

citroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am having a go at breeding Daphnia, not to exciting, I have to send of for them as can not get locally.
Got the tank set up with new top light, one that changes color's but found it was not as bright as my first tank so, as I was waiting for Daphnia to arrive I fixed some silver paper foil behind the light to help reflect it.
After a couple of hours the water looked milky, the next day I emptied tank, refilled with rain water, clear water, two hours milky water again.
Empty tank, through sand and gravel away, buy new gravel, washed then put in tank, more rain water.
Half a day and milky water.
As I was taking the lid off I noticed white liquid running down my hands.
I have now removed the tin foil, I had stuck it down with wood glue.

That sounds like a bacterial bloom, unless you did not rinse off the substrate before putting it in the tank. What kind of substrate do you have? Is there anything currently in the tank like plants or fish? You might be overfeeding, which is causing the bloom.

Sounds like the wood glue was.. melting or something

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Up Date on my tank
Second day, tank is clear and there is some small Daphnia in the water.​
My plan is, I will bread more Daphnia in this tank, then each day will take one jug of water from this tank and put in my fish tank number 2, hopefully with some Daphnia in, that will be after I have removed one jug of water from fishy tank.​
Then put new rain water in Daphnia tank.​
If I do this every day I do a water change of seven jugs in both tanks.​
New delivery of Daphnia will come to day.​
Do you think this will work....​

Back
Top Bottom