bagged a bargain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shuvit

Aquarium Advice Activist
just bagged myself a 50l tank (about 14 gallon) including stand, lid, light, heater and filter for £20 (around $33!)
I'm buzzing lol even included 3 tri colour dwarf gourami, betta (which I rehomed), 13 young guppies (will be split up into my other tanks once I know their healthy) and an African dwarf frog. Aswell as gravel and decs.
Made a lovely starter tank for my little boy and the fish came in a separate 3 gallon tank which I'm going to use as a hospital tank. Bargain!

I to recently got a bargain off of Craigslist!
220 Gallon Tank
Light Hood and Stand
3 Canister Filter
3 Aquaclear 110
Gravel
7 Large Oscars 1 Tinfoil Barb
Power Head
About $200 of decor
Extra Light Bulbs
Tons of Chemicals and full large bottle of prime
Food
About $5000 worth of stuff for $800

Used stuff is the way to go!!

Wow! I would die for a tank that size, we now have 4 and hubby is getting as addicted as me. Would have to sell a couple of the kids to fit that in our house though lol x

i got a 29 long tank with
stand
light
filters
decs
sand
heater
and food, all for $10

shuvit said:
Wow! I would die for a tank that size, we now have 4 and hubby is getting as addicted as me. Would have to sell a couple of the kids to fit that in our house though lol x

Haha I guess I have the coolest Dad in the world because he let me get it if I paid for it. I'm selling my little 125 and 45 to get the money to pay for the 220.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120926_175125.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120926_175125.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20120926_175159.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120926_175159.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 76
These are pictures of my 125.

ForumRunner_20120926_175415.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120926_175357.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120926_175357.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 88
Their beautiful tanks, I've subscribed to a few of your threads over the past few months, love to see how your tanks are coming along and like your well written posts lol. I would love to try a few more aggressive fish but I get too attached. I'm a wimpy fish keeper lol

Had to clean it all out though, the house it came from is mank, there were dog hairs in the gravel and the fishy smell was so strong it made me gip (yes I realise its had fish in it but Omg lol). Threw the gravel away and used some of my leftover from my 125.

shuvit said:
Their beautiful tanks, I've subscribed to a few of your threads over the past few months, love to see how your tanks are coming along and like your well written posts lol. I would love to try a few more aggressive fish but I get too attached. I'm a wimpy fish keeper lol

I love having semi aggressive fish I think they are just a lot cooler this is what I'm thinking of doing for my 220.
1 BGK
1 Clown Knife
2 ID Sharks
1 Peacock Bass
1 Arowana
1 Bichir
And some other stuff I'm still deciding...

vanimal said:
I love having semi aggressive fish I think they are just a lot cooler this is what I'm thinking of doing for my 220.
1 BGK
1 Clown Knife
2 ID Sharks
1 Peacock Bass
1 Arowana
1 Bichir
And some other stuff I'm still deciding...

The black ghost knifes are my favourite after plecs, I got one after bad advice from lfs but took it back after I researched and found my tank really wasn't big enough. Beautiful graceful fish, remind me of dogs.

Back
Top Bottom