Bala Sharks VS Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shark21

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 120g with 3 one year old Bala Sharks and a 5 year old Angel Fish. the Angel is a beautiful Vield Marble with long fins. I have never had a problem with behavior until the other day. The two smaller of the Shark trio started attacking and nipping at the Angel bad! Her Fins started to bleed..The weirdest thing was while I was watching them tonight contenplating what to do about them.. (sell my Sharks or my Angel) the biggest Shark started attacking the other two smaller sharks to protect the Angel fish... He stays right by her side now but never bites or bothers her..this seems to have restored peace in the tank atleast for now! The smaller two sharks have stayed away completley for now) has anyone ever seen a diff. Species of fish protect another species from a predator or in this case their own kind?

I have not seen this before. My huge Oscar gets along with my rainbow shark. It is weird sometimes but cool.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never seen it in fish but I have seen it multiple times in other animals, one of my dogs has raised more kittens than puppies and has almost killed another dog for just sniffing the kittens. I also have a cat that has raised a litter of squirrels.... So ya sometimes animals will form a bond with another animal as if it were part of it's own "pack"

Thats pretty cool...(and the car/cat autocorrect was too Funny!)Thats why I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone else experienced anything similar. I have only kept fish for 5 years now and have never seen anything like it before. Animal bonds are pretty wild to watch. I hope they all continue to get along I really don't want to get rid of any fish....even the the aggressive ones. There all good healthy fish!

Back
Top Bottom