balas acting strange...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_brokenglass_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, quick question... I just got back to college on Monday after spending 3 weeks at home, where my 2 bala sharks accompanied me to. I got back here and immediately went to pick up a new tank (3x bigger - 30gallon) for them, got it all set up and them back in it. the first couple days, they seemed to be fine, although it seemed like they weren't eating much. that problem went away, then I noticed that they were hiding on the left side of the tank a lot (always together) behind some of the plants. that went on for a couple days, and then for probably a day or so they seemed to be okay, but now they're on the other side of the tank (together) beside one of the plants, close to the gravel and barely moving (from there or in general). I don't think they're eating much and I'm really confused as to what's wrong... any help would be appreciated.
if it makes any difference, when I took them home and set up their tank (I took the 10 gallon home and left it there) they were acting weird kind've like this for a couple days also.

EDIT: now I'm wondering if it has something to do with the lighting because I turned it off and they left their "spot" and began eating some of the food that was in the tank. in the 10gal, there was one 15w bulb in (the other burned out and the store didn't have any), but now there's a 30" flourescent in there...

I don't know why the light would make them hide sometimes and not others. Since the fish were fine at first (the lighting was already there?), I think something else is at play.

Back
Top Bottom