Balloon mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any experience with balloon mollies? I really want to get some once my fish tank it's cycle. I have two mollies at the moment one black and one white and they are fun to watch. Post your picture of those little suckers! I seriously love watching them.
-Bri

My experience with balloon mollies that they are dicks. I have owned them on several occasions and every time I get them in my f8 puffer tank they attack my puffer. I then have them to my roommate and they attack his tiger barbs. Maybe I just had bad experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My experience with balloon mollies that they are dicks. I have owned them on several occasions and every time I get them in my f8 puffer tank they attack my puffer. I then have them to my roommate and they attack his tiger barbs. Maybe I just had bad experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hahaha that was a funny description ??? but thanks for sharing

i have 1 and i hate it! the wife made me get 2 of them and when the 1 died 6 months ago, i was extremely happy!

They really seem aggressive as well. I just moved mine from my daughters tank to my tank since her tank is now my guppy tank and i do not want him to cross breed. He is stressed out so much now and he freaks out every time i come up to the tank.

I have never seen any aggression, and I have three presently. I adore them. They just do their own thing, and continue to be cute! They are very friendly and unafraid of people. I know they are frowned on for being "freaks" because of their body shape, and I've lost a few, probably due in part to that, but I do have two females that will be 4 years old in June! I just got another one too, and after 3 days she warmed right up to me. She hid at first. I have a real soft spot for them.

I let my girlfriend chose some fish when I was re-stocking one of my tanks about a month ago and she chose balloon mollies, I started with 3 but now have 2 as one died shortly after we got her. They seem to just do their own thing and don't really bother any fish except for each other. I have one male and one female so maybe they are just doing their mating dance or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom