Balloon Molly and Currents?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrNinja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I recently purchased 240 GPH powerhead for my 20 G aquarium to make the plants flow and give the guppies something to play with. My question is however, how will a balloon molly fair with the current? The powerhead is positioned just bellow the water line facing up.

Also, hello everyone!

Thats very high flow for a 20g tank. Its generally recommended to go no higher than 10x the tank volume per hour in flow. Combining the power head with the filter is a bit much.

As for the balloon fish, they are in bred with deformities, particularly in the spine. With that fact in mind, swimming is not one of their strong points so arent really suited to a high flow tank.

Thats very high flow for a 20g tank. Its generally recommended to go no higher than 10x the tank volume per hour in flow. Combining the power head with the filter is a bit much.

As for the balloon fish, they are in bred with deformities, particularly in the spine. With that fact in mind, swimming is not one of their strong points so arent really suited to a high flow tank.

So would the guppies be ok with the current flow? I will transfer the molly to a different tank.

Mebbid got it. I don't think that guppies would do too well with a high flow rate. Their big tail slows them down a bit and makes it a bit harder for them to swim.

Back
Top Bottom