Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Big Ben
balloon molly fry

Today I was surprsied to find my first 5 fry hiding under driftwood and in java moss 8O . The thing is how do I feed them? thanks. 4 r shown in the pic .

Old 04-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Very well crushed flake food is fine for them. Make sure it is very finely crushed. Congratulations.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes for mollies they come out big enough to feed finely crushed flake food. I would suggest taking some flakes, rolling it up like you would a cigarette between your fingers and crush it that way. It needs to be small. Feed them often, but make sure the water quality doesn't suffer.

If you feel really adventureous you could hatch some Baby Brine Shrimp and feed them those. Fry usually grow about twice as fast on BBS. Just make sure you feed the BBS soon after they hatch (within 24 hrs) because they start to lose their nutritional value after that.

Tags
balloon, balloon molly, fry, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com