Balloon Rams (just got some)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scottyhorse said:
My pair will try and fight with each other. I think they just get tired of caring for the kids, lol. If you do have two males, you might want to take one back. But if it were me, I would wait and watch them color up for a week or two.

Yeah I even tell what the other one is. Phil is def a male though

So I'm checking out my rams right now. I love them! They look so happy in their new home!

They're both males in afraid, I have quite a lot of cover and hiding spaces that I think they might be able to survive together in there.

Looks like Phil is a little attention whore! He loves photoshoots already

image-665263232.jpg

Lil is more shy. Very hard to take pictures of
image-2442847292.jpg

I know we've been attempting to sex Lil. Here's the pic of her (I hope it's a her)

image-4089160161.jpg

If it is a female. How long does it usually take for them to pair? Is it instant?

If it is a female. How long does it usually take for them to pair? Is it instant?

Chances are, never. Best way is to get a bunch and see if any pair. I wouldn't suggest breeding these. GBR have terrible bloodlines already. Deformed ones are even worse.

Haha yeah. Well it's ok I'm glad they're just happy in the tank. I was wondering what my water change regimen should be weekly. Maybe 2 30 percents a week? Or just one 50 percent a week?

Haha yeah. Well it's ok I'm glad they're just happy in the tank. I was wondering what my water change regimen should be weekly. Maybe 2 30 percents a week? Or just one 50 percent a week?

Their pretty much the same. As long as ur nitrates don't go above 20 ur fine.

Oh yeah... Silly me. Well I'm super stoked over these guys! I've always wanted some.

Back
Top Bottom