Bamboo Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
How well would they be with fish like Neon's and maybe some rosy barbs?
would the fish bother them?

They would be fine, they would not bother the fish. Matter of face the fish would bother them if anything. But no they should be fine together.

just make sure to spot feed them here and there. with good flow that would also help. they shouldnt bother each other.

Spot feeding just ensures the shrimp gets fed. Bamboos are filter feeders, so if you feed sparsely or don't have much tank flow, the bamboo shrimp may starve without spot feeding.

So I got a bamboo shrimp yesterday and he's beautiful. He's been sifting around in the sand a lot, but also filter feeding under the outputs for my filters. I spot fed him last night and this morning but I don't know how to tell if I'm giving him enough. I obviously don't want to pollute the water. I definitely saw some of the crushed flake food in his fans after I spot fed him, so I know he got some, but he's been sifting at the sand too so does that mean he definitely didn't get enough food? How often should I spot feed? I have good filtration in my tank and a fair amount of current. It makes me concerned to see him sifting.

He is fine. If he is getting that food and sifting he is getting food then and acting normal. They do not have big stomachs so he does not need a ton.

Back
Top Bottom