Bamboo Shrimp Orange ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eddyk

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a couple of Bamboo Shrimp, one has turned bright orange. He looks almost like a boiled crab. Not quite the bright red boiled lobster.

H20 chemistry is spot on. Tank is well cycled.

I did add some CO2 booster, but only 1 of the 2 Bamboo's turned color.

Any clues?

Great to hear that.

I was worried that he was on the ropes. The Petco fish dept mgr said that it was probably was going to die.

It seems fine, creeping around the tank, doing its thing. Seems to enjoy the company of the other Bamboo....

Happy Thunder and Lightning Evening to you Istrom.... Looking out over Brighton is quite the show...... You getting any of it in Collins?

Before my Amano shrimp died, he turned orange. Now that I think about it, I had another do the same recently.

Ugh. Sorry to hear about that. I hope mine is not heading for the same fate......

I've had bamboos do this before for me, he's most likely fine.

I was in an RV for the storm lol, it was crazy out there

Mine change colour all the time, especially when moulting, from a pale yellowy green to a bright red or deep brown, one turned a shade of blue once too. I've read theories they change colour for camouflage, not sure how true it is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine was not so lucky, sorry to say. I don't know what happened, but he's doing the permanent sleep.

Back
Top Bottom