Bamboo shrimp with blue cray fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazyTwitch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a bamboo shrimp in my 10 gallon tank. In it i have a male betta with a pleco. Im planing on taking the betta and placing it in my 2 gallon tank to be able to put some small cichlids. Is the crayfish going to kill the bamboo shrimp or the cichlids?

Short answer, yes.

What kind of Pleco? Plecos get way to big for a 10 gallon. Someone will chime in about the cichlids.

Welcome to AA.

Yes.
A pleco doesn't belong in a 10G tank either.

Attachments

• nickv_pleco_072806.jpg
    nickv_pleco_072806.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 236
not all plecos will get that size. there are smaller plecos out there that stay smaller that you might be able to get away with. its why i asked.

its a Suckermouth catfish its maybe like about 2 inches long not big at all & the electric blue crayfish

I have an Electric Blue and I have it in it's own tank because it will eat your fish.

Look at my sig.

not all plecos will get that size. there are smaller plecos out there that stay smaller that you might be able to get away with. its why i asked.

its a Suckermouth catfish its maybe like about 2 inches long not big at all & the electric blue crayfish

Yup. In a 10G, a bristlenose is too much. Much less the famed Suckermouth cat.

any advice on what to put on a 10g tank?

right now all i have is
1 male betta
1 ghost shrimp
1 bamboo shrimp
1 suckermouth
1 bamboo shrimp

but im getting tired of my betta killing my ghost shrimp so hes going on a 2g tank

Yup. In a 10G, a bristlenose is too much. Much less the famed Suckermouth cat.
never said BN. LDA68 LDA 08 l260 l46 would fit in a 10 i know there is a couple others. didnt think it was the case but still worth asking.

thay crayfish you have will prob eat the fish more so the bigger it gets.

I have read that the Electric Blue Lobster (crayfish) can get 11" long. One guy on here had one that was 8".

Welcome to AA.

Yes.
A pleco doesn't belong in a 10G tank either.

NH1, how many times have you had to upload that photo? lol.

Also yes. I had a crayfish for a LONG TIME and he ate everything in the tank.

NH1, how many times have you had to upload that photo? lol.

Also yes. I had a crayfish for a LONG TIME and he ate everything in the tank.

It's been posted on this site and elsewhere a few hundred times. My hope is that the more google results which include it, the more people pause before they buy a cute lil "algae eater". ;). I blame the chain shops and go out of my way everytime I enter one to educate the employees and complain to management. I can be a bit OCD though. lol

I dont know of any cichlid that I would put in a 10G tank. There may be some dwarfs that I dont know about, but I dont know of any off hand.

I dont know of any cichlid that I would put in a 10G tank. There may be some dwarfs that I dont know about, but I dont know of any off hand.

That was my thought too, but I know that there are more fish out there then what I know about.

A pair or trio of apistos can do fine in a properly filtered and maintained 10G, but it's a species only application. I've also seen dwarf pikes bred in 10G tanks, but I wouldn't try it personally. All in all, I agree that it's not usually appropriate and I would never recommend it to someone else.

I have seen the bamboo shrimp at Petco. They seem really interesting. Do they need bamboo in the tank to survive? What do they eat? Are they compatible with a community tank? How big do they get? Do they have any other special requirements (hardness, PH, temp.)? I tried to get answere from the sales staff and I got different answers from differnt staff.

Back
Top Bottom