Bar themed freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update

So I took a reds apple ale bottle removed the stickers with a razor blade and then used some goo gone to remove the residue from the glue.

I then boiled the glass.

Then using these 3 supplies I cut the glass.

Rubbing alcohol
String
Lighter

And a sink or bucket filled with ice cold water.

I then soaked the string in rubbing alcohol and them wrapped it around the bottle 3 times and then tied it odd and cut off excess string . Then holding the bottle horizontally i lit the string. And I slowley rotated the bottle untill the flame went out then dropped it into an ice cold bucket!

And then it snapped into 3 pieces " was supposed to be 2. But the part where the string was broke off separate from the top and bottom of the glass.

I then took the bottle neck and sanded where it was cut and now its smooth enough to run my finger across.

And now the glass top is in a pot on boil.

I will upload pictures of my finished bottle neck volcano later .

And is it bad I have had everything to drink in your photo? Haha the chocolate milk was ok, my bar we actually make our own apple pie moonshine.(use ever clear).

Jaeger is blackout tar, haven't had but a handful of shots of it in the past year.

Post pics of the tank when ya get it figured out.

And is it bad I have had everything to drink in your photo? Haha the chocolate milk was ok, my bar we actually make our own apple pie moonshine.(use ever clear).

Jaeger is blackout tar, haven't had but a handful of shots of it in the past year.

It'll be awhile I gotta Finnish these bottles or go to a bar and ask for their old bottles

When I was I vegas I did 5 consecutive jäger bombs and the glasses were filled to the brim 90% jäger 10% red bull I never blacked out and I contended to drink the rest of the night beers and vodka haha.

Aski247 said:

Jäger and dr. pepper's got me good a few years ago, don't think I've had any since. And I've had homemade apple pie moonshine - the lady I worked for at a renaissance fest made some and brought it in and we were sipping on it all day while helping people try on corsets. That stuff was awesome.

That volcano looks pretty cool! Might have looked cooler with a colored bottle though. Going to make more of them?

I know I'm not the greatest hobbiest of all times. But I highly doubt if you rinse out a beer bottle of pint bottle good it will harm your fish. I wouldn't do paper labels. But I'm still in my 20's I can't count how many times I have woken up the next day with goose and ciroc bottles in my tanks. With no ill effects.

Specially if you are keeping the larger cichlids. They are so hardy you essentially have to go out of your way to try and kill them. Or sever neglect.

Haha ill have to find the pic but I had the whole back of my 180 lined with corona bottles during a house party a few years back. And honestly I have no idea how many we're even washed. And because I was hungover and lazy they stayed for like a week.

Not promoting doing that. Just saying it happend and my dovii didn't die.

Jäger and dr. pepper's got me good a few years ago, don't think I've had any since. And I've had homemade apple pie moonshine - the lady I worked for at a renaissance fest made some and brought it in and we were sipping on it all day while helping people try on corsets. That stuff was awesome.

That volcano looks pretty cool! Might have looked cooler with a colored bottle though. Going to make more of them?

Ya I'm going to make more this was more so just me testing out the idea

A glass coke bottle would probably look cool too. Like one of the old school green ones.

Back
Top Bottom