Basic pregnancy advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChefSLC

Aquarium Advice Regular
Short story short... I have a breeding pair of GBR, and 3 pregnant guppies. The GBR have spawned. What do I do with my guppies? Keep them in this tank or move them to a new one that I will have to go buy.

Tank is a planted 36 bow front

Sent from my tablet...

Short story short... I have a breeding pair of GBR, and 3 pregnant guppies. The GBR have spawned. What do I do with my guppies? Keep them in this tank or move them to a new one that I will have to go buy.

Tank is a planted 36 bow front

Sent from my tablet...

IMO sorta depends on how heavily it's planted. If it's heavily planted with tons of cover and enough plants on the bottom to keep the GBRs distracted and occupied I see really no reason why it would work.
But then again...there's always that chance of that not being the case at all, and then they go berserk....
Just read the rest of what you said lol. Yeah the fry have around a 108.678% chance of being eaten if that was your question. The adults are what I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO sorta depends on how heavily it's planted. If it's heavily planted with tons of cover and enough plants on the bottom to keep the GBRs distracted and occupied I see really no reason why it would work.
But then again...there's always that chance of that not being the case at all, and then they go berserk....
Just read the rest of what you said lol. Yeah the fry have around a 108.678% chance of being eaten if that was your question. The adults are what I was referring to.

This pretty much my thinking. I have no issue giving my fish a treat, nor do i have an issue raising and getting rid of them.

I guess my main thing is i am trying to justify buying a 20 long to replace my daughter's 5.5 [emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This pretty much my thinking. I have no issue giving my fish a treat, nor do i have an issue raising and getting rid of them.

I guess my main thing is i am trying to justify buying a 20 long to replace my daughter's 5.5 [emoji6] [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haha for sure! It's always great to have a justifiable excuse for a new tank!

Back
Top Bottom