Battery Powered air pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
We will be having yet another power outage next weekend due to upgrades from the local power company. We already have two Penn Plax battery powered air pumps from the first outage. When we found out about the first outage we only had 12 hours notice so we paid full price at PetsMart. No way are we doing that again. I checked Big Al's and they have both the Penn Plax and a Hagen pump. We need 2 more pumps so I am wanting to know your opinion on the Hagen pump. The Penn Plax is very loud. What are your opinions on the Hagen?

I bought the Penn Plax pump before this last outage just in case, and I agree: it is VERY loud. When I tested it, my cats were looking at the cabinet under the fish tank like WHAT is that?? I don't know why it says "Silent" on the box. :roll:

Agreed. The Penn Plax is so loud it freaked out the cats. They hid under the bed all afternoon. It's almost like a grinding noise. I'm hoping the Hagen is a better option.

Back
Top Bottom