Battery Powered Backup HOB Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquamandan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anybody make a battery powered backup HOB filter?

I have a 30 gallon aquarium and will be going on vacation for 8 days.

Not that I know of and even if they did I don't know of any battery that would last 8 days.

They do make power strips with a built in battery backup. Not sure how long the battery lasts though. They're usually listed under Computer Accessories if you're interested in learning more.

Apc makes a nice one for around 50 bucks .... I have my fluval fx 6 and one heater on the backup side of the strip

I agree with above, search APC, I have them for my servers, and aquariums here at the house. The aquarium filters, heaters, and air pumps, can run for about 3 days on the unit I have.

They have them in all sizes depends on how big, and how long you want to go on battery.

I agree with above, search APC, I have them for my servers, and aquariums here at the house. The aquarium filters, heaters, and air pumps, can run for about 3 days on the unit I have.

They have them in all sizes depends on how big, and how long you want to go on battery.

Wow, this is uncanny, as I was just googling these!
http://www.ht.com.au/part/X3860-APC-Back-UPS-ES-700-UPS-405-Watt-700-VA/detail.hts

An I looking at the right kind of powerboard? This one says battery backup only last 3.5 minutes at full load. :confused:

You have to look at the load rating of what your connecting to it, and use the chart on the APC site to determine which one you want.

The one I have came out of our old datacenter and it would cost about 2k new and is designed for more of a load then I have connected to it. the two filters don't take that much load which is why I can get days out of it.

Back
Top Bottom