BB or BABY FISH? See pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the future, never, ever buy a fish that looks too thin, or thinner than it's tank mates. It is often a sign of illness, or parasitic load or some other health issue you will then have to deal with.
I'm sorry about the fish, but only buy fish that are healthy, plump looking, active and in every way the best looking fish in the tank. Never buy one because you feel sorry for it, because it has a hump back or something like that. You are usually just buying genetically inferior fish, that ought not to be allowed to breed, and will often live short, short lives. If all the fish in a tank look a bit off, don't buy any of them. It's a bit harsh, but many stores will sell whatever they have, and don't much care if it's a good specimen or not. Should not be that way, but if often is.

For the future, never, ever buy a fish that looks too thin, or thinner than it's tank mates. It is often a sign of illness, or parasitic load or some other health issue you will then have to deal with.
I'm sorry about the fish, but only buy fish that are healthy, plump looking, active and in every way the best looking fish in the tank. Never buy one because you feel sorry for it, because it has a hump back or something like that. You are usually just buying genetically inferior fish, that ought not to be allowed to breed, and will often live short, short lives. If all the fish in a tank look a bit off, don't buy any of them. It's a bit harsh, but many stores will sell whatever they have, and don't much care if it's a good specimen or not. Should not be that way, but if often is.

Ok thanks for that, since I have moved the sick fish to a bowel and the other fishes in the tank looks fine no sigh of illness but is there anything I should do now to the running tank to avoid speeding maybe

Unless other fish show signs of illness, there is not much you can do. Treating for anything when you don't know what it is, or even if it is there, may do more harm than good. Keep the water in the bowl clean, and hope for the best.
If the fish is not improving, or seems to be suffering, you might want to think about euthanasia. Clove oil works.. painless overdose of anesthetic, can be purchased at drug stores, health food stores, online too. Pure clove oil, not cut with anything.

Unless other fish show signs of illness, there is not much you can do. Treating for anything when you don't know what it is, or even if it is there, may do more harm than good. Keep the water in the bowl clean, and hope for the best.
If the fish is not improving, or seems to be suffering, you might want to think about euthanasia. Clove oil works.. painless overdose of anesthetic, can be purchased at drug stores, health food stores, online too. Pure clove oil, not cut with anything.

Ok now I know what to do, I'll see for any illness on my tank and if anything I'll euthanasia it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom