Been nice knowing you..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've started a siphon on a tank that had a single red ear slider, and was maybe a 20 long. The tank had never been cleaned. Mouth full. That was my first experience starting a siphon lol I've learned a lot from that experience, I always make sure there's no residual before starting the siphon too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Saltwater residual the worst but the turtle tank had to be pretty bad

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think dirty turtle tank is worse than fish meds. Dibs on the cupids. Can't die til you get the cupids!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Only happens when i use a 3/4" or bigger hose too. Nasty nasty stuff

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its generally at least 12 hours before you see any ill effects from bacteria (like salmonella) so let us know how you're feeling tomorrow :)

Ill be keeping an eye on craigslist.

When I had a salt tank I got a mouth full of nasty stuff. I still think turtle tank water is worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Eww, turtle tank... i think I'm ok:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1
Taking a swig of sw is the worst.

I wondered what I would find opening this thread...

But yeah agree on this. I always mouth start my siphons and on the shorter hoses have gotten a swig a few times, fresh and salty...

Caleb

Ive gotten a sip of tank water, youll be fine, if anything maybe youll develop some unnatural powers like aquaman

This was a fun read for sure. :D I can't begin to tell you how many gallons of tank water and medicated tank water I have had in my mouth and in my stomach with no ill effects. In fact, I dare most of the diseases to get into my body because I have probably developed antibodies against most of them. :D:lol: The big problem is that when I get sick, most "normal" meds have stopped working for me so it can get serious. So, Brooksy ;), if you don't drop dead 24 hours, the chances are good you'll be busting chops here on AA for a while longer. ;):brows:(y) Besides, I live too far away to beat anyone else to your stuff so you can't kick off just yet. ;):ROFLMAO:

Now to the SERIOUS side of this: SOME of the diseases that fish carry can be transferred to humans. More often than not, it's from direct contact to the body through open wounds. So you do want to be careful when working in or on your tanks when you have open wounds. No gloves, no love. :nono: Also, you might want to put a bottle of mouthwash containing alcohol in your fish room so that should you get a mouth full of diseased water, you can kill it off with the mouthwash without getting drunk. :brows: (y)

Hope this helps (y)

Andy!! I feel way better!! And I feel ok too. Don't think that stink water got to me.. normally I don't care if I get a little in my mouth. Like you said.. some listerine and I'm good. I really chugged it this time. Went to restart a siphon and there was about a cup of water In the tube that shotgunned down my throat. I had a little heave ho, out ya go and ran to the freezer for the "fancy vodka". Had to sterilize what had made it to the tumtum;)

This was a fun read for sure. :D I can't begin to tell you how many gallons of tank water and medicated tank water I have had in my mouth and in my stomach with no ill effects. In fact, I dare most of the diseases to get into my body because I have probably developed antibodies against most of them. :D:lol: The big problem is that when I get sick, most "normal" meds have stopped working for me so it can get serious. So, Brooksy ;), if you don't drop dead 24 hours, the chances are good you'll be busting chops here on AA for a while longer. ;):brows:(y) Besides, I live too far away to beat anyone else to your stuff so you can't kick off just yet. ;):ROFLMAO:

Now to the SERIOUS side of this: SOME of the diseases that fish carry can be transferred to humans. More often than not, it's from direct contact to the body through open wounds. So you do want to be careful when working in or on your tanks when you have open wounds. No gloves, no love. :nono: Also, you might want to put a bottle of mouthwash containing alcohol in your fish room so that should you get a mouth full of diseased water, you can kill it off with the mouthwash without getting drunk. :brows: (y)

Hope this helps (y)

Hahaha brookster's gonna need a hot salt bath with malachite green, until then I shall call him ichy :D

This made me lose it! I can't stop laughing

Couldn't get the camera out fast enough to prove it though.. nomnomnom

No that will be reddevil83, I'm sure of it.

57315700.jpg

Andy!! I feel way better!! And I feel ok too. Don't think that stink water got to me.. normally I don't care if I get a little in my mouth. Like you said.. some listerine and I'm good. I really chugged it this time. Went to restart a siphon and there was about a cup of water In the tube that shotgunned down my throat. I had a little heave ho, out ya go and ran to the freezer for the "fancy vodka". Had to sterilize what had made it to the tumtum;)

Been there, done that. :D :whistle: I've also had fry be left in a siphon hose and got them in my mouth too. You've heard of spitting watermelon seeds? How about spitting fry!! :eek::ROFLMAO::blink:

Glad to hear you are going to be with us a little bit longer. ;)(y):dance:

Back
Top Bottom