Before I Take the Plunge.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Before I take the plunge back into aquarium keeping, there are some concerns I would like to address. First of all, do aquarium thermometers contain mercury? Second of all, are there any toxins in plants I should be aware of? Lastly, is there any other "precautions" so to say that I should know? Thanks!

Before I take the plunge back into aquarium keeping, there are some concerns I would like to address. First of all, do aquarium thermometers contain mercury? Second of all, are there any toxins in plants I should be aware of? Lastly, is there any other "precautions" so to say that I should know? Thanks!

Depends on the thermometer, not if you dont eat them, and depends on your circumstances. Some aquarium plants are actualky edible but I would not recomend eating them lol certain meds and fish are toxic though. Also a select few fish diseases are contagious to humans.

The question I can answer is the thermometer one. They do not contain mercury anymore.

Precautions? There's precautions with anything we do. Don't scratch the glass, be careful when cleaning it. Do your water changes and use a water conditioner. QT new fish to assure you don't carry over any disease or parasites to your DT. Things like that...

But the list can go on and on.

Back
Top Bottom