Beginner neon tetra advice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I noticed one of my neons had a crooked mouth and was missing an eye -__- I was hoping he would be ok but he's swimming sideways today. Ughhhh. All fish I got have a 30 day health guarantee at least so I can exchange him. If he's sick I just don't want him to get the others sick. Should I bring him back to the store now or wait??

Yesterday I noticed one of my neons had a crooked mouth and was missing an eye -__- I was hoping he would be ok but he's swimming sideways today. Ughhhh. All fish I got have a 30 day health guarantee at least so I can exchange him. If he's sick I just don't want him to get the others sick. Should I bring him back to the store now or wait??

Yup stick him in your freezer and take him back when you can.

Well missing an eye isn't a huge problem unless it gets infected. One of mine lasted almost a year until I had a tiny ammonia spike. Could you show a pic of the "crooked mouth?" And the swimming sideways is probably because of the missing eye. Mine swan funny after he lost an eye because obviously it throws off their coordination.

I can't get the crooked mouth because he has to be looking straight at you to see. But here's the eye

Attachments

• image-1950288972.jpg
    image-1950288972.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 55
Well missing an eye isn't a huge problem unless it gets infected. One of mine lasted almost a year until I had a tiny ammonia spike. Could you show a pic of the "crooked mouth?" And the swimming sideways is probably because of the missing eye. Mine swan funny after he lost an eye because obviously it throws off their coordination.

I would just take him back, I'd be pissed if I bought a 1 eyed fish.

I think I'm gonna exchange it on Wednesday. Not sure tho because traffic here is so insane and the pet store is kinda far from my house. Ill update you guys when something else happens

Back
Top Bottom