Belem striped goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maillis

Aquarium Advice Activist
At my local petsmart they have what is labeled as a belem striped goby but I haven't been able to find any information about the care of this fish. He's defintely a goby, light brown with darker brown stripes that are sort of like a ragged V-shape all along his body. He burrows himself into the gravel and hides there most of the time. Anyone know anything about this fish?

I hate common names!!! Any chance you could post the scientific name or even a picture of this fish???

Browsing through that link poikilotherm gave me and doing a google image search on some others I think he may be Awaous melanocephalus or Awaous flavus. I'm leaning towards A. flavus though because they look more striped and the A. melanocephalus is more splotched but they both look pretty similar to the goby in question. I haven't bought him yet, maybe tomorrow, I wanted to check on what kind of water conditions he needed before buying him. I've currently got about 40 zebra danio fry in the 20 galloon he'll probably end up in, think he'll eat them? They're currently about 16 days old and about a quarter of an inch, maybe larger.

Back
Top Bottom