Benificial bacteria and sand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kushgodrex

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I'm vacuuming most of the poop up doesn't that mean that the bacteria and plants won't have much food, do I have to supply plant food now?

You are removing solid waste. The chemical waste required by the bacteria will still be present in the various forms of nitrogen... ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, which is food for your plants..

Plants use ammonia and nitrate but also need other macro (phosphate and potassium) and micro nutrients. But everything factors on the type of plants you have and the lighting you have. Low light tolerant plants kept in low light tanks generally need little if any fertilizers but higher light tanks and plants need more nutrients and ferts.

I have like a little more than a watt pet gallon but it's a t5 light. I've dosed the correct amount of API plant food too.

you cant go wrong with API...... I would be more worried about actual conditions the plants like in nature compatible with your water than the amount of fertilizer. Im not very good with aquatic plants, but im good with the kind you put in your garden or house, and I can tell you that fertilizer is not 100% necessary at all times, and also, that plants will stress and drop leaves from previous growth and put out new set of leaves that is more adapted to the new conditions the plant/tree finds itself in after the stress is over. You live in florida, you should get my point.

Back
Top Bottom