Best algae eater shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idk they all just eat around the clock. I have cherry and tigers all they do is munch munch munch

People say Amano shrimp, but some shrimps are better.

I got a lot of Red Cherry Shrimps, and they very do the job !

I keep both (and others) and will say unequivocally that amanos are more voracious towards algae than neos. JME

Some shrimps are better, care to mention them? Definitely not red cherrys, no where near. People say amano for a reason and im also talking from experience. Cherrys are nice looking shrimp but wont even touch some types of algae that amanos will munch on.

Some shrimps are better, care to mention them? Definitely not red cherrys, no where near. People say amano for a reason and im also talking from experience. Cherrys are nice looking shrimp but wont even touch some types of algae that amanos will munch on.

Ya I was just telling for my tank they do the job. They won't eat hair algaes, but my siamensis do it... So they they work well both.

Amano shrimps are better for cleaning, but I know there's another shrimp that eat more than amano. I just think it's ghost shrimp...

When I started my aquarium, I had mass hair algae problems, I bought 3 baby siamensis, expecting them to clean the tank in 1-2 month, but after 2 days, there wasn't any hairs on my plants. Now I must feed them with pellets...

Back
Top Bottom