Best Clips for Rimless Cube Aquarium Lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilemadeofsun

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all, I hope you are all doing well! I am running into issues with my 46 Gal Rimless cube and the clips that came with the glass lid I have for it. I bought a whole setup that included the stand, aquarium and hood but after about 3 water changes the crappy plastic clips that it came with are breaking and I'm having to get a little creative to keep my lid on securely. I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue before and if they have a recommendation for a metal or more sturdy plastic clip that I can use with a 24 x 24 inch glass hood and a rimless aquarium? Any and all advice is always greatly appreciated!!!

-Robert

I would like to replace them all because they are all the same cheap plastic and I don't trust it to last much longer. There is a white line forming on the plastic where it's getting distressed and close to snapping. I just want to prevent a potential disaster before I come home to find that my lid fell in and shattered all over my tank :facepalm: :banghead: :facepalm:

Well your lfs should have a good replacement hinge, as for the supports you could silicone 2" long pieces of glass at a level that would have the top of the lid sit level with the edges of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a good idea! I even saw some pretty doable DIY sliding glass lid tutorials on Youtube so considering that as well. Thanks for the advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom