Best CO2 System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOck

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could I get advice on the least expensive and best CO2 system?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

29 gallon, and I would like to stay below 100

$100 is kinda tough for a full size reg and a 2.5/5# tank or so, not to mention the other misc things you'd need. I have an Aquatek mini paintball reg on my 29g and a full tank will last about 3-4 months before needing refilling. You could do that one plus a 20-24 oz paintball canister for around $110-$120. A full size reg with tank would prob be a little more than that, but you can also find good deals on Craigslist and such (particularly for the co2 tanks). Aquatek is overall a good brand for budgeted co2 regulators/equipment.

You can buy fluval pressurized 88g co2 kit on Amazon for about $70 and it has the basics of what you'll need

Keep calm and drum on

$100 is kinda tough for a full size reg and a 2.5/5# tank or so, not to mention the other misc things you'd need. I have an Aquatek mini paintball reg on my 29g and a full tank will last about 3-4 months before needing refilling. You could do that one plus a 20-24 oz paintball canister for around $110-$120. A full size reg with tank would prob be a little more than that, but you can also find good deals on Craigslist and such (particularly for the co2 tanks). Aquatek is overall a good brand for budgeted co2 regulators/equipment.

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can buy fluval pressurized 88g co2 kit on Amazon for about $70 and it has the basics of what you'll need

Keep calm and drum on

Waiting for Brookster to chime in...
The 88g cartridges will need to be swapped out frequently (couple weeks or less), it needs to be opened and closed each day, no way to put this on a timer (no solenoid valve). For a 29g this will not be cost effective IMO

Waiting for Brookster to chime in...
The 88g cartridges will need to be swapped out frequently (couple weeks or less), it needs to be opened and closed each day, no way to put this on a timer (no solenoid valve). For a 29g this will not be cost effective IMO

I would advise against this on anything larger than a 10 gallon. I have one that I am still using since I got a killer package deal on cartridges, but I really kinda hate the thing. I've had mine for a few years now and the valve is worn and doesn't completely shut off so co2 runs at about 1bubble every 5 seconds at night, not a big deal but a waste of gas. The overall price equals or surpasses the cost of a much better system in a few months.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom