Best/Easiest live foods for small fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello!

Since I have CPDs and corydoras habrosus and am looking to get one or two badis badis (blue chameleon fish) I figure some very small live foods in addition to their normal frozen foods (bbs, cyclops, daphnia) would make them happier and healthier--especially so since badis badis are apparently very finicky eaters.

Looking at purchasing some microworm culture online, and perhaps some dried artemia napulii (eggs are dried) from my lfs.

Anyone have any recommendations? Preferably something without that intricate of a set up, which microworms seem nicer in that respect, but how bad is the smell?

Any advice appreciated! :)

If you happen to have a spare tank you could cultivate black worms. If not just get a Tupperware and fill it with dirt and a larger Tupperware and fill it with water and place it in a refrigerator

Keep calm and rock on

I love microworms for CPD and ember tetra. They're also popular with endlers. Easy to take care of, too.

What about live daphnia? I had a culture and the fish loved it

Daphia is great but the only problem is that you need to maintain a supply of greenwater to feed the daphnia. Niether is particularly hard to manage but it is something to be aware of.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Vinegar eels are super easy to cultivate and are a very hardy food source to sustain long term.

The only problem is that it takes a little effort to harvest them, although its not that big of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom