best food for betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering if there's anything in particular that they eat as my male doesn't seem to eat the flake?

Just wondering if there's anything in particular that they eat as my male doesn't seem to eat the flake?
If you want amazing color and great health, try New Life Spectrum Betta food. NLS does everything it claims to do, and then some.
I've used the NLS Grow, NLS Cichlid, NLS Bottom feeder/Algae wafers, and NLS Betta.
NLS is all you need for a healthy balanced diet. There is no need to add anything. The added bonus is that because it's so healthy, your fish won't need to eat as much. Less in, less out, less maintenance, all good.

I feed mine a mixture of TetraMin Crisps and bloodworms. :>
I've heard no one food can meet the nutritional needs of a betta, so a variety is better.

I agree Morgie, I would also supplement with frozen bloodworms. I feel like they like them better =)

Thanks guys, all very helpful. I was unaware there are betta specific foods, I shall be off to the lfs in the morning :)

I use the tetramin flakes, and the omega one color flakes for mine, but I plan to buy the NLS and bloodworms once I come into some more $.

If you can, talk to fishguy2727, He is a Vet tech/biologist and he knows the science behind NLS and why it's better than other types of foods.
Betta's may like blood worms better, but that doesn't mean it's what's best for them.
My Mbunas LOOOOVVVE blood worms, but they should never have them. That high amount of raw protein can kill them. But they love them so much they will literally eat them until they pop.
Give the NLS a try. Just buy a small jar and if after a few weeks you don't see big difference in the general health and color of your Betta. Then try something else.
I'm confident you won't change. It awesome food, no matter which type you get. The pellets come in an array of sizes so you can get the size best suited for your fish.
The NLS grow is only 0.5mm and the NLS Betta is 1mm. But NLS has food for extra large and another for Giant fish that looks about the size of dog food. I never checked the size I just saw how big it was.

Back
Top Bottom