best light timers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dann.yy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about purchasing the coralife power center to control the timers for the lights to turn on. But I read some of the reviews on them and have gotten mixed reviews (some with good success but alot with negative ones) I would just like to know if anyone could recommend a reliable product. thanks!

I just use cheap ones also.

If your looking for something specific like a dual or multiple timer or digital, ect.. then say so, then others can point you in the right direction

I've got a setup I'm pleased with using X10 appliance modules and an X10 timer.

The timer is here:
http://www.smarthome.com/1090.html

and the modules are:
http://www.smarthome.com/2002.html

You plug the X10 timer into the wall and set the clock. Then you plug the appliance module(s) into the lights on your tank(s). Set the timer to turn the modules on and off as you see fit.

Pretty simple, not ugly, and easy to use?

I use the X10 too. The timer programs from my computer. I use remotes to control (over ride the timer) pumps during pwc's. I can control any X10 module from any where on my property. The only problems are the appliance modules won't work with small wattage Fluorescent lights and the light modules will only run incandescent lights. I use the cheap ones to, but they need to be reset after a power outage.

I have six of the Coralife Power Centers on my tanks right now with another on the way. I use the basic model that doesn't have the dual timers or the digital display and usually have two tanks on a single Power Center. Sometimes after using one a couple of years it will wear down and not turn off the lights automatically so I will replace it. These are one of those things that make fishkeeping easier and I think the investment is a good one.

Back
Top Bottom