BEST LIGHTING [emoji848]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
So currently using a RGB LED light bar that I got off of ebay. Now I have planted my aquarium I need to find a good light for a reasonable price. I have a juwel 180 bow front. The centre section where the ballast should go has been butchered so doesn't have any fittment for the correct bulbs. What's the best options I have ? Anyone had this problem before ???

So currently using a RGB LED light bar that I got off of ebay. Now I have planted my aquarium I need to find a good light for a reasonable price. I have a juwel 180 bow front. The centre section where the ballast should go has been butchered so doesn't have any fittment for the correct bulbs. What's the best options I have ? Anyone had this problem before ???
You best options is to go into Google and type in "LED aquarium lighting for aquatic plants". You will get a lot of comparative prices listing the name of the company for each.

Hello Mul...

If you keep aquatic plants that require low to medium light, then I'd recommend using a four bulb strip light from the hardware store. This is what I use and just hang the fixture above the tank. This way, the light is out of the way and I can service the tank without the lights being moved. You can use 32 watt T8, 6500K bulbs and the set up is about $50.00. The stores have sales all the time and you can get the setup for less. The bulbs last well over a year and replacement costs are minimal.

B

So I have come to the conclusion I am going to make a DIY lighting unit for my aquariumn I have bought 4 very bright gu10 led bulbs which and holders that I will mount in my juwel old ballast holder. They are 6400k daylight bulbs on the blue side. Would I be best getting a warmer bulb to get red into the lighting spectrum? They will all be linked in series so all on at the same time ect. Please if anyone has input on this it would be great

So I have come to the conclusion I am going to make a DIY lighting unit for my aquariumn I have bought 4 very bright gu10 led bulbs which and holders that I will mount in my juwel old ballast holder. They are 6400k daylight bulbs on the blue side. Would I be best getting a warmer bulb to get red into the lighting spectrum? They will all be linked in series so all on at the same time ect. Please if anyone has input on this it would be great

I would definitely try and get something on the warmer side if your current bulbs are more blue. The red spectrum is important because it is one of the colors that plants tend to use more heavily for photosynthesis.

Ok so more warm day bulbs ?

Yeah. 6400 K should be warm in color temp though. Seems odd that they would appear blue... I would say 2 that have a little blue in them and 2 with a warmer light if you're looking for a spectrum that looks good and provides quality light for the plants.

Yeah. 6400 K should be warm in color temp though. Seems odd that they would appear blue... I would say 2 that have a little blue in them and 2 with a warmer light if you're looking for a spectrum that looks good and provides quality light for the plants.
Yeah as I have an led strip light at the back of the tank that just doesn't have enough power to help grow plants as it's only RGB. So will get building tomorrow will post pics after its complete

Back
Top Bottom