Best New Tank Size and Footprint for Discus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want a new tank for my birthday, but I'm not sure what size to get and what "footprint" really has to do with it. Someone want to explain. That to me? I already have a 55 gallon but I want something bigger. I want another discus tank. So really I just would like to know the best size (realistically) and what footprint means

Well but there are different footprints for the same gallon size tanks right? So how does a different footprint affect everything? Idk if that even makes sense, but.. yea.

Yeah it's possible because some will be higher and less wide for example it's just a matter of their different configurations.

paytertot said:
Well but there are different footprints for the same gallon size tanks right? So how does a different footprint affect everything? Idk if that even makes sense, but.. yea.

Think like vertical swim vs horizontal swim room. Or room to add plants or decorations of a wide short tank vs room to add things in a tall tank. Different fish need either vertical swim room or horizontal swim room too.

yeah different sizes tanks usually have one or two standard dimensions that would be easier to find. Pretty sure the next size up you could find easily would be a 90 gallon. You could try to google the different sizes/dimensions of tanks

You could try a 120g still 4ft long but 2ft wide and I think it's the same hight as the 90

Back
Top Bottom